Friday, November 7, 2008

The Beatings Of A Dead Horse

So, I think I've come to the realization that I'm socially inept. I mean, I like to think of myself as an alright guy. I take care of myself, I have two, count em, two jobs, and I was blessed by my mother with a great moral code. I try to be respectful to others, and I really don't have any self-habits to speak of. So it boggles my mind when I find out that I'm an outcast in most social situations. Apparently, the most important thing to know in any social gathering, whether with friends or the opposite sex, is to never show ANY of the a fore mentioned qualities. Instead, one must be as close to the norm as possible. So, if you live in a college town such as I do, you must wear a track suit, head band, and call everyone bro. Also, you have to roll with ten other dudes who look exactly like you, smell of Aqua Di Gio and Mickey's, and all hit on the same girl at once. Further more, one must also act as much of a jerk and/or tool as possible. These are the only ways of operation. No others are accepted.

OK. Now that I've got that outta the way, here's where I stand. Now, I know some of you reading this might think I beating a dead horse, but at this point I really don't care. I'm gonna say it like this. I flat out refuse to be that kind guy. Sorry, that just isn't me. I might sound soft, a little pansy like, but in the words of Cypress Hill, "I ain't goin' out like that"! I'm a man, and I know how to act like one. I'm not a trust fund baby who never had to go without. No sir, I remember all the times when all we had to eat was chorizo and tortillas. I remember when , instead of new shoes, I got my cousins old sneakers for the first day of school. I also remember going to food banks to get free food because the bills were too high that month. That type of upbringing, along with a good mother and older brother, caused me to be the man that I am today, and I refuse to let a flawed social system change me. That's that. You can keep your sweatbands. Keep your frat houses. Keep your forty ounces of Mickey's. I'll just be here with my dreams, my family, and my friends who have my back, even when the keg is tapped and the sorority girls have gone.

I know I sound angry, and I am, at least a little. Suffice it to say that I've just grown tired of some of those around me and decided to vent via keyboard. I think that's all for now.

Holla.

@

3 comments:

Jeffery said...

... I feel like you might be rolling with the wrong crowd.

Adam James said...

You might be right. The thing is, there's just no escaping em down here.

Karen said...

I like the picture of the latte on your blog. Wonder where you got that.