Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Lack of Sleep And The Definition of Funny

Hello all. So. it's three in the morning and I can't sleep, so I figured I'd blog for a bit. Lately I've been thinking of the definition of the word funny. Usually, we use it as a way to describe what makes us laugh. I know, I'm stating the extremely obvious, but I felt I needed to say that to emphasize my next point. The word funny is also used to describe something...out of the ordinary. Like when you hear about something a friend did that's a bit out of character, or when you decide something you've wanted for years just doesn't seem to cut it for you anymore. I thought about this yesterday, as well as today, tonight, and as I type. I've been thinking of what I consider, in the latter definition, funny. So, here it goes. In no particular order.
Things @-bizzlE finds funny:

* No matter the weather, god will always see fit to send a swift breeze your way whenever you decide to lite a match.

* How, sometimes, you can be penniless, dateless, and starving, yet you still have a smile on your face.

* Getting texts from girls who, when you lived in the same town, wouldn't really give you the time of day. Yet now, when there isn't anyone around to make them feel pretty, say they miss you and can't wait to see you. (Bitter, party of one!)

* How you can love someone so much you would give your life for them, yet you can't bare to be in the same room with them for very long and the thought of them in general makes you feel sad inside.

* How So-cal girls think platinum blonde hair and orange tans are attractive, yet all I think about when I see them is Hulk Hogan circa 1989.

* How you can lose someone you still care about very deeply by screwing up on accident, and they repay you by screwing up on purpose.

* How it's more socialy accepting to be a drug addict then to be a christian.

*How you can travel hundreds of miles to be with someone, only to find out upon arrival, that you've been replaced.

*How a whole room of people can turn against you for not liking the musical "Rent".

*How one of the most relaxing places in the world can be a McDonalds at 11:45pm.

*How, sometimes, an Ipod can take you more places than a passport.

*How you can't spend money when you're making it.

*How you hope your best friend is still your best friend when he comes back from his "tour".

*How you, six roommates, a 6-pack, and a guitar can lead to one of the best memories of your life thus far.

*How you can long for home, but know home will be the death of you.

*How little beaners from the mountains go on spurts of emo.

* How I seem to only be attracted to women who are emotionally unavailable.

* How it costs 500 dollars to go to the ER for a Band-Aid.

* How my incarcarated father eats Quizno's while I eat Ramen flavored with hot sauce.

Lastly...

* How writing a blog, despite gramatical errors, can be one of the most theraputic activities one can engage in. Ithink I'm done. It's late, and I'm sure I've made a few people upset. If that is the case, please call me. I'd rather hear it from you personally than a comment or message.
Also, know that I love you.;)



@

No comments: